Thursday, November 13, 2008

I Finally Did It

I finally took the plunge and opened a shop on Etsy.com. If you haven't heard of Etsy, you probably live in a cave or have more important things to do with your time. I say, it is the most beautiful place in the whole world wide web!

I have been thinking and planning on doing a shop for a long time but just haven't put myself together enough to do anything. Well the other day I was cleaning out our office trying to think of creative ways to make space and there were my Martha Stewart magazines...staring me in the face...again. I am a huge fan of Martha in print...not so much in real life, lets be honest she can really get on a persons nerves...but in print, she is wonderful and the magazines as far as I'm concerned are each a work of art.

However, I have 10 years worth of saved magazines and frankly, they are taking over. Jeff has been very patient these last four years...(he didn't know that when he married me, he also married a Martha Stewart magazine collection the size of a small bedroom). So I was in the clean out mode...you know that mind set when you will throw anything away because you are just so tired of the mess? But I just couldn't do it, I couldn't give them away, couldn't sell them on Ebay...just COULDN'T. So I did the next best thing, I made all sorts of things out of them and now I'm selling them in my new shop on Etsy!

Yesterday was my first official day up and I've already made TWO SALES! Sure they are from Natalie and Alicia who are friends and relatives but still...TWO (by the way girls, thanks for your support). AND Lynsey from Cuteable.com contacted me yesterday and asked if she could feature some of my magnets on her blog...so that was exciting too.

Now just because you are my friend or are related to me, don't feel obligated to buy anything, I'm just happy that I finally did this and wanted to let you know.

Also, in case you want to make anything that is in my shop yourself, you can go to the other blog. I have posted the links to the tutorials I found to make everything.

Have a great day!

11 comments:

Kerri said...

Apparently I live in a cave. I am okay with that, however.

Congratulations on starting up your store, it looks like it will be fantastic.

We hope you have a happy day. Please give Laurel and Maisy a hug from us all...and a hello to Jeff; we will leave it at a hello for him, we wouldn't want to overwhelm him with a hug. =)

Jerry said...

I have been in denial these past three years about my dwelling place, but you have confirmed it-after all, Brittany has been a caveman for the past three years.
Grampa Caveman Jerry

Maria said...

Good for you Hannah! Cute stuff. And I'll bet Jeff LOVES the idea of making money off of the magazines. ;)

Devon Anderson said...

I am very excited to get my magnets! They are super cute and I look forward to future stuff.

coryshay said...

Congratulations!! I set up my own store in like July, bu haven't finished any of the things I'm supposedly selling!!

Unknown said...

yay for you! i'm so excited to get my magnets! okay, chris' magnets. he'll love 'em!

Camille said...

Woo hoo!

Jill said...

I love Etsy! Those bows look like a ton of work. You are incredible. Way to be green. Your girls are adorable. Love you tons.

Amalie said...

oh, i am so happy for you!! I am just getting ready to set up an etsy shop. Shayla Bott was telling me about it. By the way, what a cute blog!

Olivia Cobian said...

You are so creative, my dear cousin. Congratulations!

Brent and Emily said...

Cute stuff, Hannah! I made a ton of those magnets last year for Christmas presents but yours are cuter. Martha has great pics in her mags.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the bows!!! I'd be afraid to ever use them though for fear that the receiver would not fully appreciate the awesomeness. :)