You open the envelope and this is inside:
And then you read this:
The Stevenson's Top Ten Events of 2008
1. On January 15, 2008 Laurel Ann and Maisy Dahl Stevenson were born weighing respectively 4 lbs. 7 oz. and 4lbs. 15 oz. They stayed in the hospital for the longest two weeks of our lives. We were so happy to have them home with us but so thankful to the wonderful hospital staff that did so much for them and us during that time. Words cannot express how much we love our little girls.
2. Jeff has braces! That happened in January too. His teeth are coming along very nicely and soon we will get to see those pearly whites with no metal attached!
3. We got new kitchen countertops! Jeff's parents helped him replace the temporary (we only had them for a year and a half!) plywood contertops we had with real ones. We love our kitchen!
4. In April, Hannah took her first plane trip alone with Laurel and Maisy...it was an adventure to say the least!
5. In July we discovered that with no help from any fertility treatments Hannah is pregnant again! We look forward to meeting our newest little girl in March of 2009! We will have three under the age of 2! As Hannah's cousin Sarah said, "I had three under four and just about (possibly did, actually) lost my marbles. But you have lots of marbles to start with, so I'm sure you'll do just fine!" We hope we survive with all of our marbles intact. We feel so blessed by this miracle in our lives.
6. Jeff got accepted into Utah State University's Computer Science Graduate program in August and started doing distant learning night classes in September. He's excited for his first semester to be over soon!
7. In July, we helped to celebrate Hannah's Grandma Dahl's 90th birthday and her Grandma Anderson's 85th. We had two wonderful reunions and celebrations for two wonderful ladies.
8. In September we enjoyed a bountiful harvest of apples, pumpkins, grapes and tomatoes. We love how well things grow in Utah.
9. In October, Jeff and his dad fixed the roof, the latest "trial and tribulation" of our lives. We can now say (thanks in large part to Jerry who spent A LOT of time up there while Jeff was at work and school) that we have a roof over our heads that doesn't leak! Old houses are charming...very charming.
10. Stone Hill is done (this is Hannah's parents new home) in Sparks, NV. It is so beautiful. We are so excited to spend the holidays there with all of Hannah's siblings and Laurel and Maisy's cousins.
We always look forward to this time of year when we think of all of the friends and family who we love so much and who have loved and supported us through the years. We are so blessed to know you. May you feel the Savior's love during this Holiday season. We wish you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy, Happy New Year.
With Love,
Jeff, Hannah, Laurel and Maisy
Then you turn the paper over and you see this:


And then you fold it up and think..."those Stevenson's...." and then you take a drink of your Egg Nog, turn up the Christmas music and smile.
The End.
P.S. Maybe next year this will happen in real life! Here's to hoping!


15 comments:
Amen, Hannah!
I can't wait until Christmas, neither can Massey. He's already practicing what he's going to do to his cousins on the other kids at church. (watch out!)
Jordan
I closed my eyes and it was as real as the Polar Express.
So cute Hannah! What a good year you have had! (minus the southwest experience, which I think of EVERY time I fly now!)
Your little girls are such dolls! Can't wait to see what #3 will look like! Merry Christmas guys!
haha, love it, hannah!
Beautiful Christmas card, Hambone. Love ya.
Lovely and Merry Christmas! We're probably going to do a digital Christmas greeting this year too. We're hoping it will include the latest Tiger Fire Christmas MP3.
Digital is cool because, look you get to see everyone's response! My response:
We LOVE you! I love that number 2 on the list was Jeff's braces. After digesting the whole sentence it makes perfect sense. Man we love your family. I'm so glad we live so close to you. We need to live it up more while we still can!
Love it.
We are going to be in Utah for a week starting on the 20th. We should meet up, even if it's only for an hour or so. :)
"those Stevenson's..."
I wish I could do that! I didn't even get that far this year!! I just told everyone maybe next year! You are doing great with twins and pregnant and Christmas letter and even all the pictures! I am impressed! I hope you have a great Christmas!!
Sabrina
Great Christmas card Hannah! You are so clever! Your family is so cute! Even Jeff with his braces! Love you guys! Britta and family
Hannah, you are blessed. Your family is beautiful. Congrats on the new baby (it's doable, right? Pioneer women had one a year and they didn't have Curious George or Mickey Mouse to give them a break.) Merry Christmas my creative friend.
What a beautiful Christmas card! Good luck with all you have going on!
merry christmas you guys!!!!hannah what is your address??? sorry i am typing with on hand!
You have such a beautiful family!! I can't believe all you find time to do!!! Have a Merry Christmas! Love you!!
Wow! That was so beautiful! I am so excited for your family and the baby on the way. Your girls are the most adorable babies ever! Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment