Sunday, January 18, 2009

Laurel and Maisy Turn ONE!

I can't believe how fast the time has gone...It was still a little surreal when I typed this title. The girls turned ONE year on January 15th.

Lately, I have been remembering and reliving last year at this time. I feel this euphoric happiness mixed with tear inducing deep gratitude whenever I think of the day Laurel and Maisy came to us. They have completely changed our lives and have brought more joy and love into my heart than I ever imagined I could feel. They are truly miracles and the greatest gifts we have ever known. Happy Birthday Laurel and Maisy...we love you SO MUCH!

We celebrated on the 16th with family and a few friends. My mom just happened to be in town helping care for Sarah and Scout after Sarah's hand surgery. I was so happy she was here since she was such a comfort to me last year at this time when the girls were in the NICU.

Jeff's parents and Brittany were of course there and so were Cedric, Sarah and Scout. Scout gave the girls some really fun bath toys and Jerry and Shirley are giving them each a picture of Christ with children to put in their room. Uncle Andy came and so did Micah (without Camille and Nigel...we missed them, but were glad they got to go see her Dad in Texas). The Kimberlins came up for a "pre-party" and as you can see little Andrew just can't keep these two girls away! That kid was born a chick magnet! I made the girls some little lambs (which Maisy loves and Laurel hasn't found the time for) some bibs and some tooth brushes. My Mom and Dad and their Great-grandma and Grandpa Anderson gave us money for their new car seats. It was a wonderful celebration and so fun to watch them eat cake and just be surrounded by the ones that love them best!




12 comments:

Britta said...

Cute bibs Hannah! Looks like they had a birthday to remember, and the pictures to prove it. (For Laurel and Maisy's sake):)

Britta said...

p.s. Those lambs feet look like they're clubbed. Better get them to a doctor quick. But seriously, they ARE adorable!!!!!

Thelma said...

It was so great to see your pictures. Happy belated birthday to your cute girls. It sounds like you had a fabulous Christmas celebration with your parents. I love how you each had your own tree. There's a reason there are so many Olivias in the family...what a great lady your mom is.

Maria said...

I loved seeing the pictures from when the girls were born last year. New babies are so special - truly a miracle.

Angela said...

Happy Birthday to Laurel and Maisy! So much fun!

Jennifer said...

Happy Birthday to Laurel and Maisy! And congrats to the mom for surviving the 1st year! I can't believe how fast this year has gone. I just read a comment on Thelma's blog about how motherhood is made up of long days but short years and I couldn't agree more. Savannah's 6 months here have just flown by. Mostly. Except for last night. And the night before. (teething)

We need to get together before little Norah comes! (I LOVE that name.)

Tawny said...

What a fun post! Your girls are just so darling, and Aaron and I just love them so much. Thanks for helping us satisfy our baby hunger by letting us hold them in church so often!

P.S. Every kid deserves to dig into a cake with their hands on their first birthday. Glad you think so too. ;)

Beth and Shae said...

I love the bibs, they look great. Looks like the party was a success and the cupcakes were a hit. Good to talk with you. Love ya.

Amy Chandler said...

Happy Birthday! My how time flies!! Your girls are just so adorable!

Rhiann said...

wow, it has gone by fast, mine are almost 1. Your girls are adorable!

Lori said...

Awesome!! I wish we could have stayed to watch the girls make a mess!!!

Happy Birthday, ladies! We love you!

OurLittleFamily said...

I can't believe they turned a year old. They are so adorable!

Danielle