Friday, July 15, 2011

Pictures and an Update

Hello Friends and Family,
Are you wondering if we are still alive over here?  I would be if I were you.  I haven't been the best at keeping you updated.  I know I don't have to tell you why.  Four babes ages three and under sounds challenging and frankly it is.  Sometimes I feel like a gerbil in a wheel cleaning, changing, cleaning, loving, cleaning, changing, etc, never getting ahead.  I feel like I have given up any hope of sanity or "free time" and that I may never be able to really get my hopes and dreams for my business off of the ground.

Then I look down (Ollie's on my lap right now...cooing and smiling) and think WHO CARES!  I am so beyond blessed to have these precious children in my life...so blessed to know that there is no way I could ever do this alone and to know that I have an amazing man at my side helping me and making me laugh every step of the way (how is that for a run-on sentence?!).  When I think about it and am in the right frame of mind, I remember that this time is so fleeting and in a way, sacred.

So, I've decided not to worry about the hopes and dreams for the business right now...and enjoy what I've spent most of my life dreaming about...this man and these children!   Don't get me wrong, I'm not going to throw in the towel altogether, I'm just giving myself the permission not to stress about advertising, blogging, etc., just doing the minimum to keep things going but not necessarily growing.

Wanna see the people I am so blessed to live with and love?  Eden Thome has photographed our family at every stage and never disappoints.   Thanks for indulging me:






























































On the house front, we are still here in my parents home.  It continues to be an overall great experience and I know it will be a sad day when we say good-bye.  We have enjoyed my parents and Great-Grandma Dahl so much and have had lots of quality time with cousins, aunts and uncles and friends.

But we are getting really excited about purchasing a new home in a few months.  We plan to move to the Boise, Idaho area. I dream of the space we will have...a place for everything...even (hopefully) a small studio for me!  We are narrowing down areas and homes and will head that way probably in September.

So that's the update! Thanks so much for your continued support and kind words. I truly enjoy the relationships with those of you who take the time to comment and email.

12 comments:

Britta said...

I love the band-aid on Laurels knee...way to keep it real!

Jan said...

Really wise thoughts. I know people have said it and said it but it's so true: the business (or whatever) will always be there, but these precious children will not. The family is truly what matters the most and I love that you see that and are grateful, even for what is probably chaos at times. I have serious regrets about how I wasted some of the time we had when my children were little, sort of wishing the chaos away. What I know now is that it must be loved and enjoyed while they are still little. It's a gift to have them grow up and be your friends, but you never want to miss out on their childhood.

And that, (after that epistle!) is why I am loving grandma-hood so much. Because I do not intend to miss out on anything again.

Genevieve Beck said...

Great update and gorgeous pictures--doesn't hurt that the subjects are all looking happy, healthy, and beautiful!
Thanks for your thoughts. I need to put that on my mirror for the times that come way too often when I worry about not getting "my" things done.

coryshay said...

Love the pictures! Your girls look like beautiful little dolls! I especially love the one of the 3 girls in the wagon and Ollie on their lap. Enjoy those babies!

Ben said...

Those are great pictures!

Nevada Lyman said...

Cute pictures - love the ones of the girls lying down. May I say that I think Norah looks like Shirley Temple with the chubby cheeks and curly blonde hair? So cute - although your other kids are super cute too

Derek and Christi said...

These pictures are rediculous. Your family is so sweet and beautiful. I just have a soft spot for Nora(h?). I just want to squeeze her!
You are wonderful and inspiring. Truly.

Erica said...

I love the pictures, and I love your update! You are just so REAL and always have been! What a wonderful, inspired friend and example you are to me. You have an absolutely beautiful family. They are so lucky to have you as a wife/mother.

Good luck on the house hunt!

Brooke and Aaron said...

Beautiful family. Boys included...they can be beautiful, right? Glad you're alive. Thanks for blogging. I agree with your perspective on the business. Keep it going but maybe not growing....I think I should adopt that business plan. So happy that you'll get your much needed space when you move! For now enjoy Grandma!

Shirley said...

Beautiful family. glad to be related!
This is really Jerry on Shirley's site.

McCombs Family said...

What an amazing family you have! Those pictures are priceless. Hey- you are a difficult person to find. We need your address because El Geoffey is getting married soon and need to invite you and your bunch. Would you PLEASE call me or email me privately with your info? Thanks so much. I'd love to hang out with you too....before you move far away again.
Jami

Melissa said...

Your family is beautiful and these pictures are fantastic. Thank you for your words of wisdom. I am trying to just enjoy the moment and my blessings. I hope your move goes smoothly.