"A little bit of heaven
Drifted down from above
A handful of happiness,
A heart full of love.
The mystery of life,
So sacred and so sweet
The giver of joy
so deep and complete.
Precious and priceless,
So lovable too
The world's sweetest miracle,
Baby boy, is you."
- Unknown
A handful of happiness,
A heart full of love.
The mystery of life,
So sacred and so sweet
The giver of joy
so deep and complete.
Precious and priceless,
So lovable too
The world's sweetest miracle,
Baby boy, is you."
- Unknown
Our precious Oliver Bradley was blessed by his dad on Sunday May 29, 2011, surrounded by the love and devotion of so many family members (including four grandparents and four great grandparents). He was blessed to be a light to those around him and an example to his family. He was also blessed to learn from his sisters "the good things of this world". And my favorite, that he would find a sweet girl to marry and that together they will do great things.
I love the priesthood, I love that I will now have a boy to raise. I already see things so differently, thinking about how the world and the gospel will affect my boy. I want to be a good example of what a wife and mother should be so that he will seek out someone who will have those attributes.
One thing is for sure, this boy is LOVED
He wore the hat and shoes/socks that all of his uncles (my brothers) wore when they were blessed. The blanket he was wrapped in was a gift to my mom from my Great Grandma Egbert. I and all of my siblings were blessed with that blanket around us. So Ollie used the blanket that was a gift from his Great,Great Grandmother. :)
I found his little linen romper online. It is vintage, I'm guessing from the '60's. I loved the charming embroidery detail on the front. It is a size 6 months so I was worried that it would be too big but it fit him perfectly!
We are proud parents. :)
One of the thirty pictures we tried to get of all of us together with three very tired, very crazy girls. This one made me laugh.
It was so great to have Jerry and Shirley there...the girls were so excited to see them (they still ask if we are going to their house on Sundays...this was a tradition when we lived closer and we all really miss it). Huge thing to note is Great Grandma and Grandpa Lawrence. They came to church...it was the first time either of them have attended any church meeting or baby blessing for grandchildren or great-grand children. It was so wonderful seeing them there. Grandma Lawrence held Ollie almost the whole meeting. :)
It was so fun the have Great Grandma Stevenson there too. She is so cute and always so sweet and kind.
I loved this one. This is Grandma Stevenson with her twins holding our twins!
Here's four generations without Dad...he just got called to serve in the Young Single Adults Ward bishopric and had to dash over there after the blessing.
These two were so cute! They talked and talked. They are only a few years different in age and seemed to just really enjoy one another.
Loved this shot
Aren't they the prettiest Great-Grandma's ever? I hope I look half as good at their age!
Britta snuck in some pictures while I soothed Ollie after mostly everyone had left. I loved this one.
Shirley has made a sweet little name bracelet for each of our children on their blessing day. I love this little tradition.
It was these two's 13th Anniversary that day as well. We had a great time celebrating with them the night before.
My favorite sister. I wish I could just reach through the screen and hug her!
Found Elsa and Laurel snuggly sleeping that night and couldn't resist...seriously so cute!
And I loved this one of Ollie and Abby...so sweet
Basically this boy has brought us even more love and even more happiness than we could have ever imagined. I'm always amazed at the miracle and beauty of a new life. I can't imagine being happier...really.





















12 comments:
Hannah! What a great post. Thank you for sharing all those photos. It looks like an incredible day. (And you look so beautiful!!) Your family is amazing. I am so grateful to have you as a friend.
What a perfect day -- with so much love and family (synonymous, right?!) there together. Loved seeing the pics -- he is a precious little boy!!
It looks like such a great day. How wonderful to be surrounded by so much family. How neat too that Ollie was able to have so many traditions for his blessing...the socks/shoes, the hat, the blanket, and the bracelet. So cute...love the romper you got him. How neat!
You and Britta look beautiful in these pictures...everyone else too. Gorgeous children and grandmothers.
Looks like a great day! I love love love the one of the girls being crazy and you and jeff and ollie just sitting there... isn't that what parenthood is? haha!
That was such a great weekend and we were so glad we got to come and share it with you. We were even happier to share our anniversary with little Oliver. So special!
Beautiful pictures! I loved the report on the special day--what a cute boy and wonderful family!
So so sweet!!
I had no idea Jeff's dad was a twin! Maybe you'll have another set next. :D
Looks like a perfect day! And I am so glad you are enjoying your sweet boy!!!
Wow! A great turnout. Surprised to see Grandma and Grandpa Lawrence in those pictures. They looked great. Great Grandma Stevenson looked great too.
I was just checking to see if you've blogged recently and you had! I was so excited to see the new pictures of the kids. It's funny...I never imagined myself having a son, and now that I do, I can't imagine life any other way. You wrote exactly what I feel. I can't decide who Oliver looks like, but he is precious just like his sisters. Sometimes I go the back way home just to drive passed your house and think of the memories Heidi has there and the sweet friend (you) that I miss! I know we weren't in the ward long, but for some reason I feel like you "get" me...and I don't know how other women feel but I need to have friends that understand me and that I can relate to..and you do that for me, so thank you. Enjoy your sweet family!
Sorry we missed your special day. Don't you think it is time to fly all 6 of you out East to see all 6 of us? ;-) With all that money you are saving...surely you can come out East....we'll put you up for free and feed you! ;-)
by the way...Ollie is adorable and these pictures are awesome!
Post a Comment