Ah....how I love this time of year. Christmas music, apple cider, peppermint sticks, and the best movie of all time, It's a Wonderful Life. Here are some favorite scenes for your Christmas enjoyment:
George Bailey: "No, I want one THIS BIG!" I'm shakin' the dust of this crummy little town off my feet and I'm gonna see the world. Italy, Greece, the Parthenon, the Colosseum. Then, I'm comin' back here to go to college and see what they know. And then I'm gonna build things. I'm gonna build airfields, I'm gonna build skyscrapers a hundred stories high, I'm gonna build bridges a mile long...
Mary: "You may kiss my hand."
George Bailey: "You sit around here and you spin your little webs and you think the whole world revolves around you and your money. Well, it doesn't, Mr. Potter. In the whole vast configuration of things, I'd say you were nothing but a scurvy little spider. "
Clarence: "Now I won't get my wings with that kind of attitude!"
George Bailey: " Ha, ha, ha, ha! My mouth's bleeding, Bert! My mouth's bleeding! Zuzu's petals... Zuzu...
[checking his pocket] There they are! Bert, what do you know about that! Merry Christmas!"
Oh, Daddy!
The richest man in the world...George Bailey
Wednesday, December 19, 2007
Posted by Hannah Stevenson at 5:22 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
That movie has some GREAT lines!
I STILL haven't seen that movie, Hannah. It's true. Sad, yes, but true.
Haven't seen the movie either, I'm afraid to say - kind of embarrassing!
And thanks for the link! :)
Hi Hannah! Merry Christmas! Found you through Quentin and Rhiann's blog :) Congratulations on the babies! That's so exciting!
Hannah I just watched that movie and you forgot one of the best parts. When Zuzu says,"Teacher says, "Everytime a bell rings, an angel gets his wings." Then George says, "That's right, that's right." Then winks at the heavens.
Thanks Britta,
You're right...how could I forget that classic line...brings tears of joy to my eyes...Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment