Thursday, April 24, 2008

Two Names and Two Blessings = A Heavenly Day

"A wee bit of heaven
drifted down from above-
A handful of happiness,
a heart full of love.

The mystery of life,
so sacred and sweet-
The giver of joy
so deep and complete.

Precious and priceless,
so lovable, too-
The world's sweetest miracle,
baby, is you."
- Helen Steiner Rice


Maisy Dahl Stevenson


Laurel Ann Stevenson



Sunday, April 13th was a Heavenly Day. Laurel and Maisy received a name and a blessing from their Dad. Jeff gave them each a very special blessing and was supported in the circle by his Dad, my Dad, my Grandpa, Micah, Cedric and Clint. They wore dresses made by their Aunt Britta and were showered with love by so many others. Here are some of the pictures of the day:



Our precious little girls



So many arms to hold them



Our FOREVER Family - Wow, that means a lot.



I love this picture...Grandma and Grandpa Anderson and me admiring beautiful little Laurel. Laurel is named after Grandma Anderson's little sister (my great aunt). Aunt Laurel is like an older sister to my Dad since when she was twelve she came to live with their family (their mother, my great-grandma had died). She lived with them until she graduated from High School. She is one of the kindest, most generous and funny people I know...we hope our little Laurel will be the same (no pressure Laurel). Her middle name (Ann) is after Jeff's mom, Shirley..Ann is her middle name.



Four generations. My mom (on the left end), Grandma Dahl, Me, Maisy on Mom's lap and Laurel on Grandma Dahl's. Maisy is named after Grandma Dahl. Her name is Margaret. Maisy is the Scottish nickname for Margaret. This is extra meaningful since I got to go to Scotland with my Grandma (and Mom and Dad) as her traveling companion..we had a wonderful time in Scotland together...it is one of my most cherished memories. She is a very special lady, very, very special....and so is Maisy Dahl! Dahl is my mom's maiden name (and middle name now).


Four generations of the Anderson side. Dad on the left end with Maisy, Grandma Anderson, Grandpa Anderson with little Laurel and Me. I love all of these people SO MUCH.

The Stevenson's! We are missing a few (Curtis, husband to Heather, Ben and Kerri , Phillip and Rebecca and all of their kidlets) but it was so fun to see Heather (on the left with crying Laurel)...she flew all the way from Boston to be here! It was SO good to see her even if it wasn't for very long.

Heather's main goal was to before she left, be able to tell the girls apart...she really studied each of them and was happy to report by the end of her trip that she was successful! She didn't even cheat (it would have been so easy with the bracelets Grandma Stevenson made for them)...


Aren't they great?! Thanks Grandma Stevenson!


I love this face! (Laurel)


Both Grandma's and Grandpa. I was so happy that they could be there. There is a total of 268 years of experience sitting here! Grandma Dahl is turning 90 this summer, Grandma Anderson is 86 and Grandpa Anderson just turned 92 yesterday! It meant so much to me that he was in the prayer circle when both girls were blessed. He was there to help give me a blessing before we went through the whole in-vitro process....he also gave me my patriarchal blessing. I wish I could express how much I completely love and admire him.

Grandma Dahl didn't stop all day! She is always busy helping. She doesn't say anything, she just sees what needs to be done and gets to work. I want to be just like her when I grow up. When I served a mission, they taught us in the Missionary Training Center the importance of striving for the quality of "quiet dignity"...that is the best way to explain Grandma Dahl...I respect her and love her so much.

Part of the Heavenly day was that Mom and Grandma Dahl came over a few hours before church to help get the girls ready...they gave them baths, folded clothes, ironed dresses and "oohed" and "awed" over the girls the whole time...


Grandma Dahl with her name-sake


Britta taking pictures of the girls in their dresses...she worked for five months on those dresses...I still get tears in my eyes when I think about it (not to mention that she has eczema so her hands always hurt. She worried that her dried, cracked hands would bleed on the dresses the whole time she worked on them...seriously, never a thought for herself). The dresses are so beyond beautiful.

I hope that Laurel and Maisy have the same kind of special relationship Britta and I enjoy. I was so happy when we were told we were having two girls for this reason...a sister is the sweetest blessing.


Walk away from the knife Jerry...:) Papa Jerry is so cute with the girls. We love him so much! It was so nice of Jerry and Shirley to host us at their big, beautiful home.

Papa (my dad) talking to Calvin...all the kids love him. He is the best Dad any girl could ever ask for...


Calvin and Laurel...Calvin was so cute with the girls...always wanting to hold them and getting so tickled when they smiled or basically did anything!


Britta's little Elsa Lou...


Clint (Britta's hubby) with Abby O. (her youngest)


Two of my favorite people...Camille (Micah's wife and my good friend) and Nigull (Nigel..the girls' cousin).


Joey Buttafuko...in the green (Johanna Holliday) and her friend Veronica came from Pocatello, ID. Joey just finished getting her Masters in Family Therapy (o.k. almost a whole year ago!). She is one of my oldest, truest friends...I was so glad she came ...Veronica is pretty cool too!


Micah looking like a pirate with a baby rattle ... ARRGH!


Issac representing the Canlas Family. I think he is pointing to a bee that he and Dallin and Elsa found. Thanks for coming Isaac!


Some of my cousins came too...Cherie and her family and Robin (her back to us) and her little family. It was so good to see them!

The front side of Robin with her newest little one.

and Cherie holding Laurel


And we can't forget the Covey's with little Johnny Tsunami! Thanks guys for coming to celebrate!


Jeff's Aunt Amy talking to Mom and Britta



A four generation picture with Cedric and Scout. I love how Scout is studying Grandma Dahl here...she's sporting her dress that Uncle Andy (Andy Saffron) brought back from Cancun.



Aren't these flowers beautiful?! LIFE is beautiful!

The End.










20 comments:

sarah said...

oh, how we are all so blessed by these babies. we love them and we love you hannah and jeff.pretty cool stuff you did with the pictures. did you do it at brittas? Thanks for posting this, I have been waiting!

100 Percent Cottam said...

wow, hannah! what beautiful pictures of a beautiful occasion. how wonderful that you had so many people to celebrate with you.

Jacqueline said...

Your babies are beautiful, Hannah. You are so blessed (even during the difficult times-like ornery ticket takers.) Your pictures are absolutely beautiful. How fun to have so much of your family there.

Britta said...

Great pictures, good job, Hannah!
What a wonderful day!

Kerri said...

Thank you for posting pictures so those of us who couldn't be there, but wished we could, could vicariously enjoy the day. =) We wish we lived closer to you so we could have been there. We are excited to be able to finally meet Maisy & Laurel when we can come in June (hopefully gas prices will still allow us to afford the drive!!) Matthew and Kirsten are anxiously awaiting meeting your girls, as are the rest of us. Have a happy Friday.

Cedric Anderson said...

I deny having worn a dress to the blessing

Beth and Shae said...

Yeah! I loved all your pictures. Your hard worked paid off for sure! It looks like the blessing day was perfect. I did however, notice that there was something missing. Sadly it was us, but we will be there hopefully soon. We can't wait to meet your sweet angels. Talk to you soon. Give those girls a squeeze for me.

MJG said...

hannah! finals are OVER and I am free this week! Free to come see you and those CUTE baby girls!

Alicia said...

Hannah! they are just beautiful! The dresses are gorgeous! how nice is it that a friend made them for you. I am finding a hard time looking for dresses for our girls. Their christening is on july 6.
Well you are doing a great job!

Unknown said...

Hannah and Jeff, this is a beautiful post. You are very blessed to have such beautiful girls. I wish I could have been there with our children but I'm so glad Heather was able to make it. I can't wait to meet Laurel and Maisy in person in June. You and Jeff look great..such a glow in your faces. Parenting is wonderful. Your blog motivated me to start blogging. I created a blogspot and have started posting..check us out at http://newenglandlarsenfamilyofsix.blogspot.com/

We love you guys!

Vaughn Curtis

brittanyleanns said...

Hannah,

I can't tell you how greatful I am that you enjoyed and beautified those pictures! It brings me sooo much pleasure! :) I love you and I love the girls and am so happy you're nearby. :) See you soon!

Love,

Britt

Kelly said...

Hannah,

You and Jeff have the most beautiful little girls! This pictures will be priceless memories for years and generations to come.

Thank you for sharing them with all of us that don't live near you!

Love,
Kelly

Ruth and Jordan said...

Congratulations Hannah and Jeff.
My mom said Maisy and Laurel looked like angels. I totally agree with her. I love the pictures, everything looks so angelical. Can't wait to hold them and kiss them.
Congratulations again!
Jordan and I miss you all.

coryshay said...

Fun blog, Hannah! I had so much fun looking at all the pictures and video you've put on. I love the nursery, too, you did a great job of putting it together! I realized I never got your email address, so what I did was I posted the recipes for bread we talked about earlier today on my family's recipe blog. There are 3-dinner rolls, terri's favorite wheat bread, and english muffin bread. Good luck and happy baking!
www.straightfromthekitchen.blogspot.com

LieslPie said...

yes it WAS your blog that i was referring to. thanks for inspiring me!!! that is awesome that some lady made two blankets for you. i just love all these pictures your girls are way too cute. and yes..everyone SHOULD have a twin.

Sassyfrass said...

What a beautiful, memorable day. You're account of it brought a tear to my eye :)

DANIELLE said...

Hannah, I love you and am sooo glad I found your blog! Where are you living now? Your babies are BEAUTIFUL, just like their mom. You are amazing! Love ya!

brittanyleanns said...

I'm waiting for an updaaaaate! :)

Britt

Jamie said...

Im so glad you remember me! I saw your blog a couple times but didnt write anything to you because I didnt know if you would know who I was:) Your girls are so so beautiful. Youre so brave being a mom of twins! We love Jordan and Ruth, they are good people with an adorable boy!

Lori said...

I keep thinking that we're having a boy... but everytime I look at your blog I want a girly girl.
Love to see photos. Miss you tons.