Wha?!
It's true people! They are TWO! We celebrated with all of their friends (cousins) at Beal's School. It was short, sweet and easy. I just bought balls for each of the kids and made cupcakes. We had a Ball (haha...ball...get it?)!
Some things they are doing at TWO:
Laurel: Laurel is such a helper. She loves to help mom and dad and is very aware of when anyone needs their nose wiped or face washed. She is so snuggly and sweet. She has discovered that if she cries in the middle of the night, she will get to sleep in Mommy and Daddy's bed. I don't mind it most of the time. I love having that time with just her. She is still tiny only weighing a little over 20lbs. and still about an inch shorter than Maisy. She gets rave reviews from Camille about how well she stays focused on her "work" at school and how well she puts things away. She loves to run and dance and sing. She is a sensitive soul and very aware of others around her. She doesn't like the cats outside and is constantly telling them to "shew"! She loves to wear mom and dad's shoes and loves her new Hello Kitty boots. She is just starting to be able to dress and undress herself which is hilarious. She is very interested in the potty and let's me know when she has gone "poo". I am trying to muster the courage to take on potty training. I think she's ready...just not sure if I am. Both Laurel and Maisy can repeat most words we say and love to say prayers. It always ends with a loud, enthusiastic A-MEN!
Maisy: Crazy Maisy! Oh she is such a character! Lately she has just exploded with her speech and her motor skills. She is running not walking (so is Laurel) everywhere she goes. She LOVES to dance. Whenever she hears any kind of music, anywhere, she will stop what she is doing and get a huge smile on her face and dance. She loves to make Norah laugh and is very good at it. Her hair is getting a bit longer...still very curly. She loves to sit on our laps and loves to draw. For their birthday, we bought both Laurel and Maisy a Magna Doodle. Let me say, it was the best decision we've made so far this year! They LOVE them...especially Maisy. She will literally sit for an hour and draw on that thing. She still loves sitting and reading books and they are both letting me read to them a little more and longer which is so fun. She also loves the toilet and sometimes I think she just waits all day for me to forget to close the door. I can't believe how fast that girl can get in there and dump twenty toys or all of the toilet paper into that toilet bowl. She's a fast one to be sure!
They both keep us hopping. I sometimes feel like they are two little tsunami's. They can turn this house upside down in no time and I know they are only going to get smarter and faster. But seriously these two little girls are in one word...JOY. They are so precious and sometimes I feel like I have to pinch myself because I really feel like having them here with us is just one big, happy dream. They are ours...forever. How will we ever deserve such a gift!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY LAUREL AND MAISY! WE LOVE YOU SO MUCH!




8 comments:
Oh, they are beautiful! And they really are growing up so quickly. Loved reading your perceptions of them at this age - you'll be so glad you have this written down and it will be fun to go back and look at. Happy birthday to your sweeties!
We miss you guys, hopefully we will see you sometime soon! Hooray for an update; thank you!
Give your little girls hugs for us.
They are precious! We are so happy they are a part of your family. It is a good thing you and Jeff are so young and energetic. Maybe it would be a good thing if Norah doesn't get mobile too soon. We love you all.
Mom & Dad
{sigh} I wish we could be there to share the fun!
Happy birthday, goils!!!!
Great update on your little cuties. I can't believe how grown up they look! Enjoy 2 before it turns terrible. I can only imagine 2 1/2 times 2!! I am learning tricks and things to help us get through each day and it has gotten much better. I don't think the pure JOY ever goes away though! :)
Loved to read all about your girls. I'm glad they had a good day on their special day. I wish I was there to give them hugs and just be with them and you. Happy Birthday Girls!
That is so funny. I think Maisy is way cuter though.
What a sweet tribute to your little bundles of joy! I seriously can't believe that they are two! Where does the time go???
Post a Comment