In the late part of August my Mom, cousin Jessica and most importantly my Grandma Dahl were going to be back in Starr Valley, NV for a few days. Grandma has been living with my parents in Sparks for the past almost five months now. Jessica is still her helper so she's living there as well.
I decided that driving three hours to see them was a lot easier than driving nine so one Friday early morning I loaded up the girls and went for the day. It could not have been more perfect...quiet, slow and beautiful...just the way Starr Valley always is.
First stop:
soaking our feet in the stream
Two of my most favorite people.
Norah's little toesies
Beautiful Maisy Dahl
Oh this stream...just a magical place for me...
All Norah wanted to do was WALK
Checking Great Grandma out.
The girls love Jessica
They were all on this bed for probably 30 seconds. Jessica was very hopeful they would take a nap with her....HA! I decided to let them skip their nap...they slept very well most of the way home.
Blurry...but I loved this one..
The whole time we were there Maisy kept saying to Grandma Dahl: "I'm Maisy DAHL and you're Grandma DAHL"...it was so cute!
Can I say again that it was a PERFECT day.
Laurel was Grandmas little helper that day
and yes, they have discovered Randolph. Kissing him just like he needs to be kissed!
I love it when they are such good little friends...
Let's part with these beautiful photos of the most beautiful place on earth....Starr Valley:
I wish I would have taken photos of that night. We had a dessert party with Marianne and her family, Olivia and her family (they came over for a visit so we could meet little Ammon earlier in the day...it was such a nice visit) Jennifer (Enoch's wife) and their kids, Tabor and his family, Mark, Coralee and Claudia. It was SO great to see everyone. I packed the girls up at about 9 p.m. and we drove home. It was a little bit of a drive but I wouldn't trade those precious moments for anything! What a wonderful day!



7 comments:
Those pics of the girls going into the barn are INSANELY CUTE! I love you guys! :)
These are great pictures. I'm glad you were able to have such a great day.
Now I am officially homesick.
I'm with Thelma! I wish I lived that close, so we could visit for the day.
Those pictures are beautiful. I have a caption for the one of Norah on the bed. (you know, the blurry one)? "Pure Joy"
She, along with your other girls ARE Pure Joy!
I'm officially ashamed that I didn't make the effort to drive out that day. These are all beautiful and I'm so sorry we missed out.
I am so so jealous! It has been WAY too long since I've been to Starr Valley. It is such a special place for me. I miss it. Thanks for all the photos to remind me of how beautiful it is.
Oh, I love this, Hannah. I've not been to Starr Valley, but I sure love Nevada and know spots like this one with similar people. What a special place. Thanks for the smile tonight!
Nice pictures! Where did you get that camera?
Post a Comment