Sunday, December 5, 2010

Thanksgiving in Colorado

 It was a long trip there and a longer trip back but worth every minute!  We had such a great time with Ben/Kerri and Co.  As you can see the girls kept busy in the car:
Laurel has a really bad habit of taking off her top straps (don't judge me for not stopping every time she did it).  Our favorite parts of the trip:

Rest Stops!!!  We opened the doors to the van and whoosh...they were out and running.  We kept them in their jammies the whole way so they were a pretty cuddly sight with their favorite teddys/kitty.

Second favorite:


 Tunnels!  I told them they could scream as loud as they wanted while we went through tunnels (I don't think Jeff appreciated this at all) and there were three different tunnels on the way...Laurel took full advantage as you can see...Norah is more like her father.


 And we thought this was cool. The name? Never saw it...but it's right before or during Grand Junction.  It was pretty amazing we thought (of course picture in the car while driving doesn't do it justice).


When the drive was over we got to see this cute little face:


...and this one:


and hang out with this sweet girl who adores her little cousins (and even gave up her room for them):

 and this awesome kid who is doing what we did most of the time:


 Crocheting!  We had a line of crocheters all working on various projects.  I couldn't believe how much crocheting I got in while the girls were napping or busy playing with cousins.  It was so wonderful!

 Friday night Jeff and I celebrated 6 years of marriage (and let me just say it just keeps getting better with this man of mine).  We ducked out to Red Lobster and left the girls with their favorite babysitters...Grandpa and Meemaw.  As you can see they didn't miss us at all:






I guess this is what Norah did while we were gone (Brittany was on picture duty so it's just a guess).

...and I think this is what Brittany did the whole time since every single picture I have of her looks like this :)

 This is a random one of Meemaw and Braden working on the pumpkin pies.

I'm racking my brain trying to remember what this box was from.  
It was the favorite toy for Grandpa and the kids:



One of my favorite things about having Brittany around is that there is always music.  She is such a great girl/aunt/sister etc.!

You may be asking:  Where are the pictures of the turkey? Thanksgiving day? Ben? Kerri?  Sorry folks! I think I must have been having way too much fun to be a very good photographer.  But know that the turkey was beautiful (thanks Ben) the pies were plentiful (even a berry one..thanks Kerri ;)) and the rolls were melt in your mouth delicious (thanks again Kerri).  The company was even better!

Thanks Ben and Kerri for putting up with us for a whole wonderful week!

2 comments:

Ruth said...

Hannah, I would never judge you for not stopping for the seatbelt issue. Massey ALWAYS undoes his seatbelt and roams freely in the cockpit. The best we can do is get him to hide when we see a police car.
Great post. Looks like you had a great time this thanksgiving. And happy anniversary!
jordan

Britta said...

I don't blame you either for the seat belt thing. Calvin ALWAYS did that and even slipped out of his entire seat a couple of times. We got zip ties and put them right below the top buckle so he couldn't slide it down.
Anyway, looks like you guys had a fun Thanksgiving/anniversary. What a fun family you have.