It has been three and a half weeks of getting to know our new little man-cub... two weeks of living here and it really has been about what I expected it would be...crazy, hard and wonderful all wrapped together. I knew to expect high emotions, pain, exhilarating moments of pure love and joy and complete and total exhaustion. That is about what it has been. There unfortunately has been a lot of pain due to a wonderful (insert a lot of sarcasm here) thing called
thrush. Norah and I had it when she was brand new and I thought I was totally prepared this time but alas it is back. I finally got a prescription for Diflucan on Tuesday and have high hopes that it will end. Seriously, not fun stuff...you have my permission to feel sorry for us. :)
Beyond that, we are settled in and really enjoying our life here so far...waiting and hoping for the house in Utah to sell and loving the wide open spaces and all of the extra love from my parents and Grandma Dahl. I'll post pictures of my view from here as soon as our camera card gets replaced.
Tragedy: the camera card that held all of the pictures from the last three weeks (and the first three weeks of Ollie's life) is broken and all of the pictures...gone. :(
Thankfully we have some pictures Micah and Camille took (they drove with us and hauled a bunch of our stuff...bless them).
Remember this post? So much more fun having these two "on the outside". Ollie looks so happy here :)
Oh and on a totally unrelated note, I thought I'd post this months' outfit. It's one of my favorites so far.
How are you? What are some of your memories of life with a newborn?
8 comments:
Oh Hannah, I love your update and all the pictures, esp. the one of Dad reading to Laurel. So fun!
I'm glad you're all enjoying being in Sparks with Grandma and Grandpa A.
I AM feeling sooo bad for you and Ollie with that thrust:( Hope it goes away really soon!
Talk to ya later!
So fun to see your update -- and enjoying the grandma and grandpa time! (it's so precious to us!) -- hope you can get rid of the thrush ASAP and everyone can be well.
And the baby is beautiful!
Hannah-
Love reading your update and can totally relate. Our little Lanie is two weeks old this week. I am sure you and I are on the same sleep schedule. Maybe one day they will meet up at Ricks, wouldn't that be funny. Hang in there and love every moment.
Sherry
Wow...you will always have a story to tell lil' Ollie when he gets older...how he moved so far away from where he was born so fast and all the other stuff. Hang in there. He is cute! Glad you are getting settled in. The girls seem to be enjoying themselves there. I hope the thrush goes away ASAP! Oh...and your outfit for the month...super cute! Where do you find the time?
Hannah
Tell me about your house in A.F. How much are you asking. Can you sell it on a contract or would you rent it out. if so how much would you rent it for? If you could E-mail me at Handmadesue@yahoo.com
Sue
Congrats on the beautiful, healthy baby boy! And good luck getting through the thrush- we've been there.
Broken card. Tragic.
How broken are we talkin'?
Does your broken card still fit the camera it was for? My two cards have the corners broken off of them and don't work in card readers but still fit the camera. I just use the USB cable to transfer pictures and didn't have to replace the card. A thought (and a hope...).
I want to get my hands on that little boy in the worst way.
You look GREAT, Hannah! Not at all like someone who just gave birth!
I love you!
Post a Comment