The last few weeks have been the definition of exhaustion. It started with colds...both Laurel and Maisy were snotty little miserable messes of babies. Finally when it seemed they were getting over the worst, it was time for their 1 year Dr. appt.
Being the on-the-ball mother that I am I of course remembered that they were getting three shots at this appt. (that was a very sarcastic statement...I've never been on-the-ball...why would anyone expect that to change once I had children?). This sent them into two days of sleepless nights and fevers...and since then we haven't had a good nights rest.
Last night I actually muttered to myself when Laurel was screaming at 3 a.m. (after waking up twice before that), and as I was heaving my whale of a body out of bed, "are these babies trying to kill me?" What a thought from a mother whose child is not feeling well...but I've learned that in the middle of the night I am a whole other animal. Thank goodness for Jeff last night. He took over for a while...and thank goodness for sweet little Maisy who was awake but happy and who's little voice was heard down the hallway from where we were consoling Laurel saying very seriously, "WHU-OH!"
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
whUh-oh!
Posted by Hannah Stevenson at 9:52 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


8 comments:
Oh Hannah, I think EVERYONE is a different animal in the middle of the night. Something about being really tired and wanting your child to get the sleep she needs. I hope you all get better soon!
Oh I am right there with you!! I did the no-cry sleep solution and got Jocelyn to sleep through the night for about a week and then came 4 teeth and a serious cold and an ear infection...Hang in there! And think of me being awake in the middle of the night right there with you!
May your day be filled with lots of sleep. I hear you on the out of whack sleeping patterns. Just when I thought we were in the clear with Brooklyn and had her figured out, Aiden started having odd sleeping patterns. Unfortunately I think this is the state we will be in for a while.
So sorry Hannah. Maybe it's enough to know we're all going through it and maybe that won't help you at 3 a.m. I however, just discovered the wonder of 2 a.m. infomercials. :) Oh, and this might sound silly and you may know this (I only learned it recently) you can alternate Motrin and Tylenol every two hours to keep a fever kicked down. Saved my sanity with Ellie a few months ago.
I'm told every time I go to the grocery store by a variety of older women that we're going to miss this stage of life. When stressed, I summon their sweet, whistful faces. Keep your chin up.
What a perfect ending to an exhausting story. I totally remember those days. Keep up the good work Hannah (and Jeff)!
Is everyone feeling better? The clock is ticking. . .March is coming! Good luck with the gathering and sorting craziness!
Oh, you are amazing!!! And you have a great husband. I hope that you have the best new little girl so that you aren't too stressed. SO, I found that link for blogs that I saw for the church. It is on scraphappyquilter.blogspot.com. The I believe one is one Shayla Botts blog too. Just thought I would tell you if you haven't already found one.
Oh Hannah, I can totally feel your pain, we were all awake last night from 3:30-4:30am, cleaning Massey throw-up on our bed. He woke up in the middle of the night and started throwing up, he's totally fine now, and all he would say was "whu-oh"
Love ya...
Ruth
Post a Comment