Because in our house green means YUMMY!
We've been cranking out the green smoothies with our new Blendtec (and a lot of other wonderful things). I am in love with my Blendtec almost as much as I am with my husband...seriously.
My basic recipe is a little bit of frozen fruit from Costco with milk, yogurt, ground flax seed and three HUGE handfuls of spinachI'm really excited about green smoothies (as anyone who has had any kind of conversation with me at all in the last three months could testify) because the twins suck them down like they are going out of style! They LOVE them! And I love knowing that they are starting their day with spinach and lots of other good-for-you stuff. Then I don't feel as guilty when I give them chicken nuggets with mac and cheese for lunch ;)!
Anyone else doing this? I'd love to swap recipes.


10 comments:
Mmmm SOUNDS delicious! And I LOVE your family picture. So So cute!
That is such an awesome picture of Maisy!! We do the Jack La Lannes Juicer thing, but it pretty much is what you do only with the fiber. I think I'll try your version and see how it goes! I'm new to flax seed though. Do you just get those big plastic tubs of it at Costco? Or what's the best form of Flax Seed?
We LOVE green smoothies here too and Adam begs for smoothies!! I love it just like you said, because he gets his vegetables in one cup!! :) We do spinach or kale with any type of fruit and a little bit of yogurt + water and ice. Yummy!!
Shayla,
Yep! I've done some research and that tub at costco in the cereal isle seems to be the best product out there. The shelf life is better than any other product and it is already ground.
We're a fan of green smoothies here too... although mine aren't quite as green as Maisy's! I use strawberries, yogurt, cranberry juice and spinach.
regular cups or is the stuff thin enough to get through a sippy cup?
Lori,
As you can see here. We made the mistake of trying to give it to her with a straw...not smart. So I just got those cheap disposable sippy cups and cut a bigger hole in the spout part. Works like a charm.
oh, right on- that makes sense. Thanks!
Those look so yummy. I wish I had a blender that could make stuff like that. I love your blog and all the cute stuff you make Hannah. I can't wait until I have a girl that I can use your ideas for!
Post a Comment