Thursday, August 13, 2009

Summer Time, Summer Time, Sum Sum Summer Time

Has it flown by as fast for you as it has for us? Here's a few highlights:

We were in Sparks Nevada for the Anderson Family Reunion on the 4th so we got to celebrate all together at a park nearby my parents home. There was a little parade for the kids and lots of yummy food. Camille ran (shoot I don't remember now...was it 12 miles?) that morning and met us there...she is doing a marathon in September...what a SUPER STAR!!!

We had a fun time at Lake Tahoe. Sadly, Maise Paise was sick so Jeff stayed back at my parents home with her all day (poor Maisy and Jeff). Norah stayed in the shade with Grandma and Grandpa while Laurel and I had some fun in the sun. Look at all of her cute cousins!


Stone Hill. We had fun until I got sick and then Laurel got sick and then Jeff got sick...while Maisy was still miserably sick. Don't you hate it when the timing of illness is just ALL WRONG! We were a miserable bunch. But tried to ignore it so we could enjoy everyone else. I didn't take many pictures.

If you go here you can see a good recap of the week or here to see some great video footage of the search for the Pirate Treasure (Micah is so talented).

I was so bummed that we also had to miss the Dahl reunion. As we drove by Starr Valley on our way home the tears flowed. We missed out on seeing so many dear aunts, uncles and cousins. But I'll admit...it was so good to get home into our own beds (we were all sick for like TWO WEEKS people!) Not fun.

Anyway...it makes you appreciate being healthy!

P.S. Did you notice Britta's new haircut? She donated her hair to "Locks for Love". It was really long...but I LOVE her new 'do!

Here we are at American Forks Steel Days. We had some yummy corn dogs and fresh lemonaid and the girls got to ride the Merry-go-round for the first time. As you can see Maisy wasn't a fan of actually being on the horse but was happy as could be in Daddy's arms. Norah slept through most of it but she caught a glimpse before she went to dreamland.


We had a nice visit with Ben, Kerri and family later in July. They came just in time to help pick some yummy apricots. We love these guys so much! Seriously some of the cutest kids on the planet.

4 comments:

Kerri said...

Looks like you had a fun summer. Thank you for letting us enjoy your apricots with you. They were SO very delicious and now I am working hard on not coveting your mature trees. I am failing quite miserably, however.

Your "don't try this at home" made me laugh. =)

Britta said...

Great update Hannah. What a great summer you had.

Lori said...

Cute hair, Britta!
I'm so sorry you all got sick. yukies.
This entry looks so darn SUMMERY! I love it. And what are you feeding Norah? She's carrying her food storage with her everywhere she goes. Makes me think of how wrong Lyle Lovett is. I mean, I understand the part about not needing pride, but fat babies are awesome!!

Angela said...

You have got the cutest little kids! What fun times for your little family! :)