Sunday, August 15, 2010

Apricots!


This is actually a few weeks old, now all of these apricots are either in the freezer waiting for their smoothie fate or in fruit roll up form.  We didn't think we'd have the kind of crop we had last year just because this has been such a crazy weather year but they survived and thrived.  I love that these and the other fruit we get is something we can share with friends and family.  The girls did a little bit of picking:


Norah helping out...giving directions
Blurry but I loved this one of Maisy trying to reach

The stare-down.  They both wanted to climb on the chair.  It was easily resolved but I thought these looks were funny.

Maise enjoying the fruits of her labor


The kitty thought they were balls.  She was not letting anyone have this one.  Maisy thought it was so funny.

We decided to make a fresh apricot smoothie the girls loved helping


We just added some ice, agave to sweeten (didn't need much) and
milk

They loved 'em!


7 comments:

Cedric Anderson said...

Please send four of those yummy smoothies this way!

Kerri said...

Thank you again, Hannah, for sharing your apricots with us the day we left. The children loved munching on them on the long drive. They were delicious!

Maria said...

That is amazing they survived this year! Yummy!
I love the curls your girls have. So so cute! I seriously can't believe how big they are getting. It is so sad they grow up so fast. Fun but sad. I think you know what I mean. :)

Britta said...

I loved that last picture! They're so happy...they must've been good.
Great post, Hannah!

Nevada Lyman said...

what cute pictures of your girlies. Thanks for sharing

coryshay said...

We just had a big bucket of apricots that were going to be turned into fruit leather, but we just ate them all. Sounds great!

mmdemille said...

LOVE apricots. this is when I really miss the mainland, we don't get alot of those fruits out here :( love Maise's curls- where did those come from, super fun. All your girls are so cute!!