Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Where in Heaven's Name is your MOTHER?!








She may be in the bedroom closet rocking back and forth, chanting "you can do this, you can do this" to herself....Maybe?

16 comments:

Beth and Shae said...

Just want you to know that I am laughing out loud right now. But mostly because I had this exact situation at my house too. Markers have been banned from Brooklyn, however every once in a while she will get a hold of one. UGH!

Launi said...

oh, hannah! i'm laughing so hard, and yet feeling your pain at the same time. i've had many closet chanting moments myself. :)

Maria said...

Oh Hannah, YOU CAN DO THIS!! And someday you are going to laugh so hard at these pictures!

McCombs Family said...

I love these pictures. Somedays you just laugh with the crazy chaos....somedays you cry.

Dan said...

classic. just classic. this will go down in the record books.

Elder and Sister Anderson said...

LOOK AT WHAT YOU ALLOWED TO HAPPEN TO OUR GRANDCHILDREN!!! YOU SHOULD LOSE YOUR MOMMY CARD. BACK TO THE CLOSET FOR YOU! Okay, so we let our children get stung by scorpions and one of them brushed her teeth with a razor. I guess you can come out of the closet. We are on the phone with Cedric and Sarah and all laughing out loud. Now we know why they invented long sleeves and long pants.

Jan said...

Amen to every other comment above -- I feel your pain (been there, done that -- a zillion times!) -- just know that you are now officially normal. Love it.

Britta said...

You are such a great mom to take pictures and post them. I think everyone has these "where is your mommy" moments. Looks like they had fun though, they're so cute even with marker on them.
P.S. My haven was the bathroom. (the only room in the house with a lock)hehehe!

coryshay said...

Hilarious!

RuthandJordan said...

Those are some killer tatts! They should be tattoo artists.

Amanda L said...

Ah, this is exactly why I went to washable markers under supervision only. What a great series of photos! Glad you appear to have approached the situation with love and humor versus raging madwoman...which is what I proabbly would have done. I still want to be you when I grow up.

Nevada Lyman said...

:) Don't you just love being a mommy? My kids only get washable crayons and they are hidden and locked up and only come out on special occasions... On another more happy note, they put a hole in the drywall yesterday. Good thing little kids are so cute because that is definitely their redeeming quality...

Nicki said...

HA!! You are so great! I totally understand, I just needed to use the restroom, just two minutes and it's amazing what they can accomplish:)

Ruth said...

I just love those girls!! and I love you too Hannah, you're such an awesome mother!
Miss you guys!
Ruth

Brooke and Aaron said...

This is why I only get color wonder markers. They've saved my sanity, for now at least, until the girls find the next destructive activity. I'm glad that you took pictures, not only so I feel like a normal mom but also because that means you're still finding the joy in these moments. Everyone tells me that someday when they're all grown up, I'll miss this time when they were young. It helps put things into perspective for us moms, I think.

Amy Chandler said...

You inspire me!