Monday, August 9, 2010

Stevenson Summer Fun Continued...

I have probably a gagillion photos of our time together...it has been hard to decide what to post but I think you will agree that these little faces are just too cute to pass up.  Emy is showing us her dragon she made using Grandma's beads...both her and Cozette made some pretty cool little characters with those beads.  One night Curtis invited us all to go to downtown SLC to enjoy Bruges Belgium Waffles and Frites.  Two words...Di  Vine.  I chose a to get the waffle with milk chocolate inside and raspberries and thick cream on top...oh man...dangerously delicious!  Curtis served his mission in Belgium so was great at helping us know what was good.  The Frites (french fries people) were great especially with the dill dipping sauce.

Another day we went to the Steele Days Parade.  It was the girls first parade and it was so fun watching them watch the floats and cheer for candy.  Their older cousins were right in the middle of the candy grabbing mayhem and Logan even scored a free t-shirt!



One day we took family pictures with everyone.  I just got a new fancy camera so we used that and took some pictures.  We got some great ones of the whole family:

pay no attention to the orphan looking girl in the front who decided she didn't want ANYTHING in her hair and didn't want ANYONE touching her.  At least most of us were smiling and everyone was looking!

We got some really cute ones of all the grandkids:

Of the Jeff Stevenson Family? Uh...not so much...literally the best picture of us is of our backsides at the top of this blog.  Here, would you like to see how we struggled....

After pictures were over Laurel said very clearly to me "Mommy I need some food."  At that moment I realized that I hadn't fed any of the girls lunch.  I gave them a cheese stick before their naps and then as soon as they woke up got them dressed and took them right to the park.  They were STARVING!  No wonder they didn't want to cooperate for pictures!  Yes, I deserve the Mother of the Year Award, I know.

To sum up our time with the Stevenson's...."Practically Perfect in Every Way" (thanks Mary Poppins).  We had so much fun with everyone.  Thanks for coming!  See you again soon! 


3 comments:

Kerri said...

We had such a fun time with your family. Thank you for spending so much time with us! We are still hoping/planning on you joining us for Thanksgiving.

Also, I think that two of the family pictures I e-mailed you were really cute and usable.

Camille said...

I love that you posted the attempts. That's real life. I forget to eat my self, and I think it only follows that I sometimes forget to feed the other people I'm responsible for! These all look so fun and I can't wait to go have some waffles and frites!

Britta said...

Those waffles look heavenly!
I love the family pictures, especially your family's photos.
So cute!