Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Saying Good-bye to The Green Cast

Today was Maisy's last day with her cast!  She was pretty excited to go to the Doctor this morning, I think because she remembers getting a sucker the last time she saw the Doctor. :)



 She was such a trooper at waiting....and waiting.

 Man! That thing got dirty!  And those toes!  Would you believe me if I told you I did try to keep them clean?

 Waiting....

 Finally a really nice nurse came with a cool saw that Maisy could touch (it was pretty cool actually...the vibration cut the cast but nothing else)

 Prying it open.  Maisy kept saying "My cast is BROKEN".


 There's her long lost leg!

 Ew!

Before

 After! Perfectly healed...isn't the body amazing!?!

This is Maisy's favorite horse outside of Primary Children's...on the way out she said, "Bye, bye horse, wub you!"

We WUB you Maise and we wub that you can take real baths now!

4 comments:

Camille said...

I've been thinking about you all day! I'm happy to see the cast is gone and Maisy can start bathing regularly again. Darling pictures. Darling story. I can't wait to see you guys again!

Beth and Shae said...

YEAH! I hope they told you how to care for that foot! I have never seen what a foot looks like after weeks in a cast. Glad all is healed and well.

Thelma said...

I very nearly fainted when Emma got her cast off when she was 6 and broke her arm. The doctor had to ask an elderly lady to move and made me lie down. Good times.

Your girls are so cute. I love seeing pictures of them. It's amazing how young bones heal. Emma's Dr. said that for kids, the bones just had to be in the same room and they healed. Looks like it worked!

XOXO

Britta said...

She is so cute and funny. Glad she is finally rid of that cast. I can't believe how well the bone healed, it's like it was never broken. Amazing! Loved the part where she said bye and wub you to the horse. So Cute!