Our three perfect little china dolls. It may be hard to tell judging from Maisy's face, but we had a great Halloween!
We were in charge of the Ward Halloween party and I'm happy to say that it was a success in every way (this was the third Halloween party we have been in charge of and I'm happy to say the last for a while...we were released) As you can see Maisy perked right up when she saw all of the costumes and filled her bag with candy.
I wonder if Maisy is thinking that Sister Graff looks familiar. She is wearing the outfit she wore when she assisted in the births of all three girls! She is one of my favorites.
Laurel was straight faced through the whole Costume Parade but so excited after.
It was so fun to have Grandma and Grandpa Stevenson there at the party (and so nice since we didn't have to worry about the girls while worrying about all of the details of the party). They all had a great time. I'm sad I didn't get any pictures of them. Jerry dressed up like...Snape? and Shirley was a cute witch.
Later that night (I totally forgot my camera) we trick or treated to Great Grandma and Grandpa Anderson (the girls couldn't get enough of Grandpa...they just kept hugging and kissing him) and then on to Nigel's house for some yummy treats. Camille had hot cider and tons of treats waiting.
It was a great day and I'm so glad it's over for another year!
P.S. For all who are going to ask, I did NOT make their costumes...we bought them in Chinatown last year when we were in San Fransisco. I see my sewing machine every once in a while and say "It's been nice knowing you...maybe we'll be together again someday."






9 comments:
The costumes are SO cute - and I have to admit that I'm GLAD you didn't make them as that would turn you into a serious over-achiever (as opposed to just a regular over-achiever - which you are!).
Looks like Halloween was great!!
CUTE Costumes! Looks like this Halloween was one for the record books. Yeah! Now onto to more exciting holiday's.
I found you on the Southern Institute blog hop. Those costumes are adorable, even if you didn't make them! My sewing machine and I have an off and on relationship, but I'm trying to devot more time to strengthening our bond.
Cute costumes. Cute girls. Glad your ward party went well. I'm sure it must be stressful to plan those things.
Love it! You girls are adorable. The China dolls were a great idea and dolls (of Dahl's) they are.
What cute little piglets!
It must be nice that they are all wearing the same size, at least for the time being.
Did you and Jeff dress up? I was a ninja and Angela was a Japanese traditional drummer. We love to dress up. One of these days we'll get a blog up, maybe :-)
I was on the activities committee a few years ago, so I got a small glimpse of all that you do. Thank you for all that you and Jeff have done for our ward's activities. They are the highlights of our year. I'm glad you're off the hook now.. You deserve a break! I loved your girls' costumes! See you soon! :)
I LOVE that first picture of all the girls. So cute. I knew they weren't geishas, I just couldn't think of what to call them.... Also, good work on the ward party! Those are huge affairs. Lots of responsibility. Thanks for stopping by our house. It was the perfect ending to our perfect little mild Halloween.
Abby just said that she wants to be a China doll for next year's halloween. Thanks girls, for her inspiration!
Post a Comment