Monday, February 14, 2011

Maisy Dahl


A name of which she is proud.  She loves to say "I'm Maisy Dahl".

What a year Maisy has had!  Looking back, it's a wonder that she survived!  Pneumonia in March, rattlesnake in July and a broken leg in September!  She's a trooper, our little Maise.  She is also such a little character!  She makes us laugh daily.  Some of her famous quotes are "Mom, do you miss your life?" or "I gotta find a prince!"  I never stop wondering what is going on in that little mind of hers.

She is also a little artist.   She draws as much as she can...and is very thoughtful in what she is doing.  She loves to draw people...usually our family. She pours over pictures in books and "reads" all the time.  Some of  her favorite books lately are all of the classic Winnie the Pooh stories (I bought the whole collection years ago and she lugs that heavy book around with her), Norman Rockwell's America (she loves this one and makes up stories for each of the pictures), Little Monster compilation of stories and anything "princess" she can get her hands on.

She is pretty determined.  She doesn't take "no" for an answer usually but doesn't really cry about it...she just doesn't give up asking and asking and asking...it's like she just doesn't hear the word "no".  She has learned to ask nicely and can be heard saying "Please, oh pulease" in a very desperate way, frequently.

She is careful when trying new things with her body (can you blame the poor kid?!) and is very used to being taken care of by Laurel and Mom and Dad (and sometimes even Norah) :)...but she also has a very independent side when she needs to. She is a free spirit for sure.  A whole mixture of contradictions, this one! But I think I like it that way. :)

She brings so much joy and laughter to our home.  Life would be so boring without her.  We love our little Maise Paise!  Happy 3rd Birthday to our curly cue!

1 comments:

Britta said...

Oh Maisy Dahl, you are for sure loved by all of us in Vegas.

That picture of her profile at the bottom, with a serious look. Looks just like your mom. Lucky girl!

Happy Birthday!