Friday, March 5, 2010

What Else am I Gonna Do?!

 
 Me- he Mysterious Lady Behind the Mask

We are all sickies over here.  Maisy and I both have phenomena (awesome) and spent most of the day yesterday with the Dr.'s and Nurses at the Urgent Care.  Maisy had to be hooked up to an IV for a couple of hours to get some medicine and much needed nurishment into her poor little body.  They gave me a shot of antibiotics and a breathing treatment and then sent us both home for the night.  Laurel is starting with a fever but we are really hoping that is as far as it will go.  She seems to have energy and is happy and eating so that is good.  Norah, has an epic ear infection but is still smiling and happy. Jeff is hanging on to his health with both hands!

I am on my ninth day of being sick and all I have to is say is that the definition of misery is being a sick mother of sick kids.  Certifiably miserable.

But today was much better for all of us and we are thankful for good doctors and good medicine.  I'm thankful for the weekend so that Jeff can be here full time (he has been awesome these last 8 days).

So what else can I do but post?!  Hope you enjoy our updates.  Leave a comment, I'd love to hear from you!

8 comments:

Britta said...

I'm sorry you're all sick, but glad you're getting better.

(You look great, even with the mask.)

Kerri said...

I am so very sorry you are sick! It is the pits to be so very sick and still have to take care of your little ones...especially when they are sick too. We'll pray for you.

On the other hand, is it okay to say that maybe I am glad you are sick since you are posting pictures of your cuties?

Get better soon!

Erica said...

Yes, I would 100% agree with your definition of misery. I am soooo sorry! If anyone can get through this, it's you. Love you, girl!

Marin said...

I guess that's one nice thing about having to keep Ted and Tom in until the end of this RSV season - we haven't been sick at all. I can imagine how miserable it would be to not get any days off to be sick, let alone caring for so many other sick people!

Jennifer said...

So sorry you're sick! We've had a rough week as well with sickness. On top of potty training... and this momma's had it too. Chocolate helps some...

Loved the pictures of your girls in the dirt. They'd have so much fun in Starr Valley mud with Savannah. I especially liked the picture of the dirt in the fine baby hair. Isn't that a pain to get out!!

Good luck!

Amanda L said...

We wanted to be mothers and so many of these days, we just survive. The days are long, but the years are short. I keep repeating that in my head. Hope you feel better soon!

Beth and Shae said...

SO sad to hear you are sick. HOpe you feel better soon. I did enjoy all your posts though, maybe I need to be sick so I can update mine finally. Love to you and your family.

Tawny said...

Hi! I'm so sad to hear that you've been soooo sick! That's just awful! We're thinking of you and hoping you feel better soon. xo!