Monday, January 14, 2008

I'm Officially BEYOND Tired and Miserable...

WARNING: THIS IS A POST FULL OF COMPLAINING FROM A VERY PREGNANT WOMAN...READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!!

Today would have been the day that the high risk Dr. would have done the amnio and then scheduled a c-section for tomorrow to meet our little babes...she was so ready and willing to do it today...but, Jeff and I both felt that we should try to wait one more week and let the babies grow and develop that much more (I think I can, I think I can...).

So now it is exactly a week before the Dr. will do an amnio and hopefully all will go well and we will have our babes in our arms next Tuesday the 22nd! I am so READY! I am trying hard not to complain but MAN it is getting miserable! Nights are the worst...and I know everyone says "enjoy it now because you won't sleep once they come" but lately I've been thinking... "yeah, but at least when I do sleep I won't have this humongous belly in my way and I won't be going to the bathroom every half hour!" My belly is BIG and it is so painful to turn over...such an ordeal! I have also been suffering with carpal tunnel in my wrists (OUCH!) and the worst heartburn and acid reflux this side of the Mississippi...nothing seems to help! We won't even begin to talk about the swelling...suffice it to say that I am beginning to wonder if I will EVER see my true ankles again.

And then there is poor Jeff...he informed me the other day that I have started snoring (how embarrassing for ME!) and I wake him up every time I turn over (because it really is a BIG ordeal). He has been beyond sweet and patient cleaning bathrooms, rubbing my very swollen and gross feet, just hugging me and loving me when I need it the most (how did I get so lucky?). Last night I realized that he had gone out to sleep on the floor in the living room (we don't own a couch just a very short and uncomfortable love seat)...he had to be at work at 4 a.m. this morning to get a project ready for a client so I know he is SO tired right now...poor guy.

OK, enough of the complaining...I know that so many women have done this before me and that many have had it a lot worse...I am so grateful that it has been an uneventful pregnancy so far. WE ARE SO BLESSED...SERIOUSLY!

I am also thankful for my Scandinavian body that is so well equipped to carry babies...growing up my mom always told both my sister and I how lucky we are to have our Scandinavian bodies and that we have great birthing hips (not that I'll be using mine this time around)....I always wondered how lucky I really was with this big, awkward body but since I've been pregnant, I have really been thankful for the extra room. It's the first time in my life that people have said "Wow, you are so small!" HA! So I guess it's time for a shout out to Mom and Dad for the great baby carrying genes and to all those women (and their patient husbands) past and present who have brought us all into this world...THANK YOU!

15 comments:

Unknown said...

oh girl, you complain all you want! pregnancy is bad - but being pregnant with TWINS?! has to be the worst. i remember telling chris that i wanted to be hooked up to a rotisserie at night so i could just spin all night, because turning over is such a chore, and it's just impossible to turn over. you're such a trooper, giving the twins one more week. hang in there!!!

Unknown said...

oops, i meant "it's impossible to get comfortable".

MJG said...

Way to go on sticking with it for another week. I can't wait to meet the little ladies!

Callie Canlas said...

You don´t have to apologize for anything my friend...getting it out and complaining is 100% acceptable at this point...I wouldn´t even consider that real complaining. We´re coming home from Argentina tonight, so if you change your mind about the birth story, let us know...you´ll have great pictures either way. Love you guys!!!

Anonymous said...

You go girl! Complain away and don't worry you will see your ankles again in 3 to 6 weeks. However, you may be shocked by the size of your normal ankles. We can't wait for the babies to come. Call me if you get a chance before next week. Love you guys, Beth

Merridy and Lucas said...

hanananananan...I made a blog at your command! check it out...my email is merridyVW@yahoo.com
love

Merridy and Lucas said...

ohhh is case you cant find our blog...merridynlucas.blogspot.com

Sassyfrass said...

Every pregnant woman has earned the right to complain and seeing that you're carrying twins - you have DOUBLE the right! Good luck next week!

Anonymous said...

Hannah you're a trooper!! I can't wait to see your beautiful twins!
Kelly

Anonymous said...

Ditto to all of the comments. I was looking through some pictures and found one of me pregnant with Dallin,ONE BABY. I was just as big, and uncomfortable. I remember that feeling of trying to roll over at night. Complain away you deserve to complain. You ARE a trooper! Love ya!

Maria said...

It will all be worth it when you get your girls. You might even forget all this... after a while of course. Your home will never be the same once your sweet babies arrive. If you need to borrow an air mattress, we have a few you are welcome to! :)

The Sabatini Family said...

Hang in there Hannah, and you DO NOT have to apologize about complaining. I complained a TON towards the end with one, and you are carrying two! Good luck, we can't wait for pictures on your blog!!

Thelma said...

I want to add to the refrain of all those that are pulling for you. You are loved and I have every confidence in you. Nothing makes you appreciate the man you married like child birth. I look forward to hearing your good news. Love you,

Thelma

Anonymous said...

Hannah,
I know exactly what you're talking about! Rolling over is a chore! I felt like all I did was complain for the last 2 months. I was completely miserable and a total boob. But you made it! Congratulations!
They are two little cuties. I was surprised to see your e-mail because I was just talking to your mom on Tues. morning and she said you had another week to go. Who knew!
Josiann

Anonymous said...

You're so funny Han :) I love you! :) And yipee, they're here already! :D
My prayers are with you guys! :D
Love,
me