Thursday, June 12, 2008

What We Did While Daddy Was Away...

Jeff has been gone this whole week soaking up the sun and swimmin' in the sea. Every year LexisNexis sends all of their software engineers to Boca Raton Florida for a nice little getaway/convention. Last year was his first time going with his team and they were treated like kings!

They were picked up from the airport in a limo and then fed as much amazing food as they could handle. One of the days last year they had professional sand castle builders come and teach all of them their craft (I always laugh when I imagine a whole bunch of white, nerdy, computer engineers on the beach building sand castles).

This year has been a little disappointing for him. They were picked up in a van instead of a limo and according to Jeff the food hasn't been as good as last year (oh poor Jeff, sob, sob). I have two things to say about the whole thing...

1) They should pay for the wives to come ( I guess they used to but they have been cutting back the last few years on expenses)...and

2) We miss JEFF!!! Absence does make the heart grow fonder...I can't WAIT to hug my man when he walks through that door tonight!

So this is what we did while Jeff was away:

Sarah's Mom, Irene and her mom's sister Debbie were in town and invited me and the girls to go up to Sundance for the afternoon.

We were so excited to get out and experience the perfect day. They treated us to a yummy lunch and then the girls experienced their first ski lift ride.

I think the middle of June is the perfect time to ride a ski lift. It's warm, beautiful and you don't have to worry about jumping off into slippery snow with big, long, sticks attached to your feet! We didn't even get off but you can if you wish. To say it was beautiful would be an understatement...

Here, Scout is preparing Maisy for the ride...just a little pep talk (thanks Scout).


This is the view from our chair...just over the first little hill.



WOW look at the resemblance with these three women! Sarah, her Aunt Debbie and Mama Irene...beautiful teeth ladies!

Scout was mostly interested in Aunt Debbie's' sunglasses. Maisy was looking down at the scenery almost the whole time (until she fell asleep). Laurel was squealing her cute little squeal most of the time and just enjoying the ride.

After we got home Sarah and Cedric offered to spend the night since Jeff was gone. Here is a precious moment when Sarah and Laurel were bonding.

We had such a fun sleepover! We did the color personality test and found out what colors we are. I won't tell you what Cedric and Sarah were but I am a blue/yellow/red myself...SHEESH...multiple personalities!


The girls LOVE Scout and I think Scout feels the same way...at least she loves to chew on them.


The next morning, Sarah invited me and the girls to watch her give 4-H lessons. She grew up riding horses and has been volunteering for 4-H and loving it. She really is a good teacher. It was fun to see her in action!

Here she is lookin' all cool with her horse and her phone...I thought this horse was so pretty...then it BIT her...looks aren't everything.


I took this of Laurel while we watched Sarah...I just loved how blue her eyes were that day and her rosy little cheeks.



Today I made these little smocks for the girls. I am so excited about this pattern. I found it online and just printed it out...these were SO EASY to make...believe me...if you have never sewn or have very limited experience, I promise you could make these...so fun! The fabric is actually a sheet that I bought at a garage sale three years ago (the inside fabric is just some white cotton I had left over from another project...this smock is fully reversible).

I am starting to make a lot of summery things for the girls...just know you will be seeing a lot of this sheet fabric (I just started a little blog with pictures of things I am making or have made for the girls and pattern is posted there).

Here's a quick view of the back.


And here's a little "Hello" from the girls!



P.S. Curtis we LOVE this camera...thanks again!

11 comments:

Team Covey said...

These girls are SO lucky to have you for a mother. You are the best. And they look so grown up - I cannot even handle how much they change.

Unknown said...

You're blogging again!...YES. What a fun adventure you have had this week...looks like it was Jeff that missed out on all the fun. I'm sure if Jeff had his pick, he would've rather stayed with his 3 girls than with the nerdy, pasty white, techies (just kidding Jeff..you aren't pasty white...just white) Anyway, the pictures are fantastic and we're thrilled the camera is working for you. The video is awesome. It makes us all the more anxious to see you. Heather will be in Utah this weekend..hopefully she'll get to see you..she'll be busy prepping the house for the new owners (Yahoo!!!!). Keep up the great blogging...you really have a talent with it. Those horses remind me that I really would like to have a horse...alas..I'll stick with the frogs and other wildlife around us. Someday we'll get that farmlette that I'm dreaming of..."you can take the boy out of the farm, but you can't take the farm out of the boy". Thanks for the great blog entry. Be well and we'll see you next week! ;-)

VCL

Jacqueline said...

Hannah the girls are getting so big..and cute! I love the smocks. I will have to get that pattern, it would be great for baby gifts. You are so creative.

Britta said...

Great pictures. The pinafores are ADORABLE! I love it when you blog.

Dan said...

Your little girls are so cute. Wow, how fun to have two of the same.

Unknown said...

those tops are the cutest! if i had more than absolute zero experience, i'd totally give it a whirl! and i love the fabric - so cute!

Camille said...

Great smocks and I love their capris! I love you more though. Check out you and your multi everything skills. You are the perfect mother of twins. Please let's hang out soon!

Jacqueline said...

Thanks so much Hannah! Thanks for the support!! and the pattern. I really appreciate it. I am hoping for a girl (and think it is) so I hope to make a smock for her!! You're the best!

Beth and Shae said...

Hannah,

Your girls are beautiful and I am counting the days until we meet. I just have to say though, where do you find all the time to make them such cute things. I only have one and I can't get half the things you do done. Although once my sewing/craft/office room is set up maybe I will be able to do more. Also when the twins are 2 and a half you might not be sewing as much either. We love you and will talk soon.

Ruth and Jordan said...

Hello girls! I'm waving back.
Oh man, I wish I was there with you, and Sarah and Camille and all those beautiful nieces and nephews of mine! Ahhh! specially now, since Jordan is at school and work all day (at least that's what it feels like sometimes)
I'm glad you had fun though.. you deserve it. Every mom in this world deserves to have fun. Being a mom is the hardest job in this world.
Give a kiss to Maisy and Laurel from us.

Angela said...

Hannah,
Your girls are so cute! They are getting so big! Love them! And...LOVE YOU!!! I am coming to Utah in July...maybe we can get together???
Ange