In Starr Valley, Nevada
It is a perfect little place hiding from the outside world right in between Wells and Elko. When I think of Heaven, I think of Starr Valley...especially in the Fall and ESPECIALLY with the people we got to celebrate Fall with for a day.
My cousin Jessica (who has lived in New England for some years and knows what Fall really is) is living there now, caring for my Grandma Dahl. She decided to go out on a limb and invite all of us Utah folk to come on over and have a Fall Party. We carved pumpkins (or put glitter on them in Olivia's case), visited, and ate and ate and ate! Delectable food and perfect company.
Jeff couldn't come (the whole busy getting his Master's Degree thing) so the girls and I ventured on our own the night before the big event. Olivia was nice enough to invite us to stay with her and her adorable, perfect children (I'm not exaggerating people). It was so nice to get there and just let the girls roam free! I just love the slow, steady life of Starr Valley and the wide open spaces (cue Dixie Chicks). Both Jeff and I dream of living in a place like Starr Valley someday. The girls were content and happy (at least during the day...the night was another story...they don't do well in other people's beds) and so was I.
Ruben and Lily were very protective of the little guy and it's a good thing.
Olivia and I stayed up and talked well into the night solving all of our problems as well as the world's. I am so blessed to have her in my life. We have always been close. And are told we look more alike than any sister we have. Pen-pals, then roommates, she even got to come and visit me while I was on my Mission. Now we get to be Mother's together and her wisdom and goodness inspire me. She is named after my Mom and she has only made the name better (which is hard to do)!
So thanks Jessica for the wonderful idea and the wonderful time. Let's do it again!






6 comments:
Great post Hannah, that does bring memories of peace and quiet and Starr Valley (synonyms). Ruth says she would not mind living in Starr Valley too.
I agree with you that Starr Valley is a magical, heaven on earth.
I'm so jealous that you live so close that you could go there anytime you want to.
Thanks a lot Hannah, sunny pictures of the people I love when I'm 800 miles away in abysmal rainstorm.
Thanks a lot.
(Your girls are so cute. Also you take great pictures. I'll forgive you for making me so jealous...but only this one time.)
Gorgeous pictures and beautiful memories to keep!
What a fun trip! And kudos to you for going on your own with 3 young children. Seriously, wow!
Oh and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!
Post a Comment