Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween 2009



Just in case you couldn't figure it out...The girls were the famous Three Blind Mice and Jeff and I were The Farmer and The Farmers Wife (sans carving knife).

We were again in charge of our ward's/congregation's Halloween party this year...all went well.  We are still thanking our lucky stars that no one was seriously injured during the pinata part of the party (imagine blindfolded child swinging steel bat literally two inches away from a crowd of small children...).

The girls wore their sunglasses and ears for mere seconds but I'm so glad we captured at least one of those seconds at Jeff's parent's house (Hooray for Shirley!).  I told Jeff on the way home from Jerry and Shirley's that I felt like Halloween had been a success now that we had at least ONE picture where all three girls had on both their ears and their glasses.  Don't worry, I know I'm pretty neurotic sometimes.

We had a fun family party again at Micah and Camille's club house.  In the collage (click on it to enlarge) Scout is holding one of Sarah's delectable cake pops (that's probably not the right name).  I seriously couldn't get enough of those things...so good!  I wasn't very good at getting everyone else's costumes this year...but everyone looked great.

Happy Halloween!

9 comments:

Camille said...

I'm hoping that Jon got ample shots of the costumes with his instax mini. Fingers crossed...

Hannah! I didn't even get the farmer and farmer's wife part of the costume until after I had put Nigel and Micah to bed! I just thought to myself, Jeff was the FARMER! and Hannah THE FARMER'S WIFE! And that line of the song has been in my head ever since.

Brilliant. Sorry to be a little slow on the comprehension!

jaacs said...

That is SO cute! Love the costumes. You are so clever!

If the cake pops are inspired from Bakerella, then you've got the right name. I've made those before. Insanely good.

Erica said...

Love it!

Thelma said...

Who's more adorable? The three blind mice or the farmer's wife? I certainly can't decide!

LieslPie said...

such a cute idea!!!! your kids are adorable.

Jennifer said...

TOO CUTE! You guys were adorable!

Cedric Anderson said...

Jeph looks pretty at home in his costume.

Jenks Jive said...

Such fun costumes! I remember as a child a few years we did family costumes. I love it. I'm going to get coordinated enough to do it one of these years.

Olivia Cobian said...

You are a charming farmer's wife. Good job.