Monday, March 24, 2008

Happy Easter!

"We know not all that lies ahead of us. We live in a world of uncertainty. For some, there will be great accomplishment. For others, disappointment. For some, much of rejoicing and gladness, good health, and gracious living. For others, perhaps sickness and a measure of sorrow. We do not know. But one thing we do know. Like the Polar Star in the heavens , regardless of what the future holds, there stands the Redeemer of the world, the Son of God, certain and sure as the anchor of our immortal lives. He is the rock of our salvation, our strength, our comfort, the very focus of our faith.

In sunshine and in shadow we look to Him, and He is there to assure and smile upon us."

- Gordon B. Hinckley


This was a "sunshine day". The girls got to go to church for the first time! I sat and pondered while holding them during the sacrament today how much more the Savior and his atonement and resurrection mean to me this year. He has truly been there through the shadows and sunshine. He is my rock , my strength and my comfort.

I never thought I would say this, but I am so thankful for infertility. It is because of this that I had to truly give my whole will to Heavenly Father and to trust that the Savior understood the pain and utter vulnerability that I felt. He took so much of the pain away for me and led us each and every step of the way through the long, hard road that brought us to our girls.

Have you read the scripture in Isaiah (61:3 to be exact) where the Lord asks Isaiah to tell the people that he will give beauty for ashes? That scripture has been running through my mind all day...he has truly given us beauty for ashes. And he ALWAYS does! He always does. And the beauty is always beyond what I could ever comprehend.

Let me share some of the beauty with you:

I made Laurel and Maisy some Easter dresses for their first Easter and their first day of church. I haven't been able to get out and do a lot of fabric shopping lately but I had some curtains that I bought for their room and didn't use ...which I thought would be perfect...so here they are with their dresses made from curtains. They have a lot in common with the von Trapp kids already. Let's just hope they can sing as well (no pressure girls).

MAISY SMILED!!!

This is what they wore over their dresses before church...no amount of spit up was going to ruin this!

Okay, so their stockings are a little big...SHEESH!


I just had to add this from the other day. I had them both on my lap and Laurel fell asleep...Maisy was looking at her with such a funny look. Then Maisy fell asleep too and Laurel woke up enough to snuggle up a little more and then put her hand over onto Maisy...it was so stinkin' cute...I'm glad I happened to have the camera handy this time.



Here is some video...mostly for the Grandparents (but you can look if you want to). I should probably warn you...my voice is annoyingly "adoring mother who doesn't care who knows it" (just thought you should know before proceeding):



12 comments:

Sassyfrass said...

I can't say it enough, they are just too precious and the dresses are beautiful. They are lucky to have such a talented mommy.

Genevieve Beck said...

What sweet pictures! They are really growing and looking more different all the time. I also appreciated reading your thoughts. As long as we can get a primary substitute (which we should), then we definitely want to be there for the blessing.

Britta said...

Beautiful dresses! Good job Hannah, for not having a lot of time. You know, between taking care of TWO babies, cleaning the house, and whatever else us busy mom's do. Great Job.
Those girls are sooooo adorable! Maisy has a cute smile!
Love Aunt Britta &
Cousin Elsa

Carlee Hoopes said...

Hannah, HOW CUTE! I just think they are so cute! They've grown so much. I love it! I just love Maisy's chubby cheeks and how Laurel cuddles up to her. That is so cute!

Those dresses are SO ADORABLE! :) And, I feel your pain with the tights. Here's what my mom found though. If you go to Wal-Mart they sell newborn tights! They fit perfectly and they come in a box set of 3 for like $3. They are the George brand. Anyway, they fit Maggie perfectly from birth until now. She can still wear them and they aren't so long like all the others that say Size 0-6 months and would never fit a newborn!

Oh, and don't be embarrassed about your adoring voice. We all do it! And it only gets worse! It's hard to imagine you could love them more than you do now, but you will, I promise! Anyway, we all understand!

Cedric, Sarah, Scout, and Baxter Anderson said...

great use of fabric. they look so good!

Unknown said...

ooh!!! so much cuteness in one spot! they are adorable and i can't believe you made those dresses! amazing.

Camille said...

That picture of their tights is my favorite thing ever. Their whole lives I'm going to give them tights that are just too big so they can always look so cute.
Love Auntie Camille

Sue's Kitchen said...

Hannah
Love the blog. It so great to see you and your sweet little girls. Hey I have tons and tons of Laces. From when I had my doll shop. If you could use some to make things for the girls, I would love to give some to you. I would have given it away by now but I have hope that some day I will have a grand daugther. Really I do have tons Like 10 big huge boxs. I think I can share. I all so have 2 smocking machines I could show you how to smock. That is way way fun to do and use in little girls things. I am going to make you two of those hat for the girls. So I will come see you again and bring them to you. I a week or so. I will call to make sure you are home.
Again it fun to see you and your girls.
Love Sue

Amanda said...

Beautiful post. Your little girls are so adorable. I love the dresses, I have tried sewing and I just don't have the skills.

McCombs Family said...

Oh my goodness the snuggley sleep pictures are the cutest I have ever seen. And of course I was already thinking of the von trapp kids when you said you made dresses from curtains. I am very very impressed that you are such the seamstess! Go mama! What cute girls.

Cedric Anderson said...

just trying to break the record for how many comments a post has ever received. Now yours is up to 11! We are all addicted to you blog and the oh so cute baby girls.

Erika & Roland said...

Hannah - I love your blogs, your girls are beautiful!! Thanks for stalking my blog so I can stalk yours!