Friday, March 27, 2009

Pure, Unadulterated GOLD

That's my Mom! She has been here for almost three weeks helping with all the babes. The doctor told me not to lift or carry the twins for at least two weeks after being released from the hospital (pesky C-section) so she stayed to help with them and everything else. Oh yeah and she refinished and recovered our dining room chairs and made pinafores for the girls and fed all of us all day long and cleaned the whole house, did all of our laundry many times and....well you get the idea. I seriously don't know what we would have done without her.

Let me tell you a little something about Olivia Anderson. She is legend. I have always been proud to say that I am from her. She serves and gives and loves so freely it seems without even thought....it is her nature. She is classy and smart and just beautiful...GOLD. I could go on.

So thanks Mom for being so amazing. I promise when Laurel, Maisy and Norah are all grown up and having babies of their own, I'll try to be at least a tenth of what you have been for me. We love you.

15 comments:

MJG said...

Your mom is pretty much the coolest. I love the collage. And I can't believe how grown up the twins look.

Jenks Jive said...

Moms are wonderful and yours sounds like an angel in disguise. How wonderful to have her there for you, giving you all that help.

Jan said...

She is wonderful. I love it that I know her even just a little bit -- and it's lovely that you see and appreciate her.

Cami said...

I love your mom too! You are just like her.

100 Percent Cottam said...

there's nothing quite so fabulous as a wonderful mother! (i speak from experience!!)

Maria said...

I don't know how people who don't have their mom to help them survive having a baby! You got some precious shots of your mom with your little girls

Thelma said...

This is a fitting tribute for your wonderful mother. You are like her too.

DANIELLE said...

"She serves and gives and loves so freely it seems without even though...it is her nature. She is classy and smart and just beautiful...GOLD."

And it sounds like she taught you well. Hannah, you are all those things, too!

Congrats on your new little one! What a sweetheart.

RuthandJordan said...

You need a male voice in here too, Mom IS great!

Cedric Anderson said...

Seriously... i don't know how she does it.

Britta said...

Mom! IS great! We ALL love her down here in Las Wages! I loved those pictures with her and the twins.

Jill said...

What a great tribute to her! Mom's our amazing! I am so glad you are getting so much help! What a beautiful family you have! XOXOXOXO

Team Covey said...

Here, here. 3 cheers for Olivia! I love to be near her. I'm so glad you got such quality time together. I need to come over and meet this darling girl. Let's hang out soon.

Olivia Cobian said...

Your little is darling and so is your mom of gold. I'm sure glad I have her name. I can't wait to see you and eat a little crazy chicken!

Olivia Cobian said...

I meant to say your little NORAH! I'm sure there's a way to edit my comments. Maybe you can teach me.