Friday, March 5, 2010

If You're Going to San Francisco...

 Right out of our window about an hour after we arrived...
 
...sing with me..."be sure to wear some flowers in your hair". We didn't wear flowers but we had a FABULOUS time! Jeff and I decided to go to San Francisco for the weekend after Thanksgiving to celebrate our fifth anniversary. My parents were so great to offer to watch the girls. We went from Reno so it was just about a five hour drive. We were lucky enough to find a great hotel room right on Fisherman's Wharf! We just walked out our door and right into the life of the city. The weather was picture perfect, the food amazing and the traveling partner....the best! I almost felt guilty for all of the fun we had with out the girls but it was such a nice, needed break. Most of all we enjoyed sleeping in every morning! On the last day we drove a little bit to see our good friends Maria and Jordan and little MacKay.   It was so nice to visit with them.

I was definitely ready to come home on Sunday to my girls. I am so thankful for a life full of people I love so much and long to get back to. Five years seems like such a short time to me considering what those years have held. We have had a lot of ups and downs but I think we have grown closer and better because of all of it. I can honestly say that Jeff is my dearest, best friend. Here are some more pictures:

 Making sourdough turtles...YUM



I've been working on my arms...can you tell?

My favorite face...about to eat our favorite meal...crab and sourdough.

The view...thanks for the rainbow!

Santa taking a break from the sled.

Lombardi Street

On our way down to China Town

Cool Mural in China Town

Good Morning Mr. Golden Gate!


Whoa....


Seriously hanging off the Trolley...exciting, thrilling and a little unnerving

Tribute to Micheal...I swear he was everywhere

Window shopping at Tiffany's

As cool as it gets with our new,$4 sunglasses

5 comments:

Brittany S. G. said...

I'm so glad that my brother married such an awesome lady! I love you two so much and I'm glad you guys had a fun time in San Fran! Looks like a blast. :)

Britta said...

I'm glad you guys got a little break from parenting for a few days to celebrate 5 years. That DID go fast. Did you ever think you'd have 3 kids by now. What a great life you both have to share!

Thelma said...

Hannah I loved the update. You're an adorable family.

GET BETTER! I'm so sorry you're sick!

jaacs said...

Wow. How fun! I've eaten at that restaurant before back in high school...only I had a sourdough bowl of potato soup or chili. Ah! Memories! So happy you got a date weekend in. Those are the best.

Maria said...

What beautiful weather! Glad you chose San Fran instead of Monterey - SF was a lot drier! :)
It was SO fun to get to visit with you guys - it always is. We are so glad it worked out for you to come see us.

Hope you get feeling better soon. Being sick is no fun. Having a sick child (or three) is awful, especially when they are SO SICK. Poor Maisy!