Our sweet Norah Jane turned ONE on March 10th! I seriously cannot imagine how it has already been a year. I really do feel like it was just yesterday she was placed in my arms. What a blessing she is to us. She is the most angelic little cherub of a baby; always smiling and giggling and making us feel like being her parents is the best job in the world (she sleeps perfectly, eats perfectly, is beautifully charming...I could go on).
We had a little celebration on her birthday with her sisters and Grandma Anderson (we didn't want to infect anyone else :)). Here she is enjoying her cake:
I got a bunch of balloons from the grocery store...all of the girls were VERY happy about that!
When I think of last year at this time I feel so much love and deep gratitude for the blessing of this little baby in our lives. She is truly a miracle.
I remember the day I found out I was pregnant (it was the twins 6 month birthday), I just stared at the positive pregnancy test and cried.
"How am I going to do this?!" I whispered to myself over and over again.
Then I got on my knees and asked Heavenly Father the same thing. A flood of peace and comfort overcame me and I could see a vision of myself on my knees, pleading with Heavenly Father about a year before for the opportunity to be a mother. This was a very important and sacred prayer for me. The prayer when I finally, truly gave my will to Him.
My tears of fear and apprehension turned into tears of joy...little did I know at the time how rich our lives would be as a result of Norah coming to us. She is a special little soul and such a joy to us.
Then I got on my knees and asked Heavenly Father the same thing. A flood of peace and comfort overcame me and I could see a vision of myself on my knees, pleading with Heavenly Father about a year before for the opportunity to be a mother. This was a very important and sacred prayer for me. The prayer when I finally, truly gave my will to Him.
My tears of fear and apprehension turned into tears of joy...little did I know at the time how rich our lives would be as a result of Norah coming to us. She is a special little soul and such a joy to us.
Here's a glimpse of the lovely little face we've been enjoying all year:
What Norah is doing at ONE:
- When we come to get Norah in the morning and she hears the door open to her room, she gets so excited she kicks her legs really fast like she's swimming and giggles. She is just overwhelmed with joy and excitement. It's the best self esteem boost ever!
- She is giggling a lot and watching her sisters' every move, she gets involved with what they are doing when she can.
- Her room and Jeff's office are the same so when she goes down for a nap she always goes to the side of her crib and pulls up the bumper and finds Daddy. They play and she giggles for a while until she finally goes to sleep. Jeff's coworkers get to hear her pretty often.
- She is saying "uh-oh", "baby", "ma ma" "bah bah" and "nigh nigh" with a cute little wave. She loves balloons, baths (very skilled splasher), her sisters, kitty's, mommy's earrings and Daddy.
- She has the yummiest cheeks. We all love to kiss them all day long.
- She is off the charts for height and 95 percentile for weight...she isn't moving much which would concern me if her sisters hadn't been the same at this age. Not to mention, she has a lot to move! She is starting to try a little more and her new walker is helping her get where she wants to go.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY NORAH JANE! WE ARE SO GLAD YOU CAME TO US!



12 comments:
Happy Birthday from all of the Singer Clan!
Hannah, I can't believe how much and fast she has grown. You're right about how kissable her cheeks are. Whenever I have seen her, I couldn't resist either. She's such a cutie!
Such a sweet post! Your girls are just darling. If I could be half the mom you are I would be doing well! Just wanted you to know that I look up to you so much!
Why does it have to go by so fast! She is an adorable girl. You are an amazing woman, an inspiration.
Happy Birthday Norah!
so sweet, hannah! babies are such a blessing and you're such a wonderful mama. i'm starting to feel that "what was i thinking" feeling with baby 4 coming in just a couple of months now. these are crazy times, but great times! :)
OH! She is so sweet and beautiful! The first picture of her is to die for, I just love her! I can't wait to see all of you again because I think our babies will just love each other.
Hope you're feeling better!
Hannah, your girls are so lucky to have such a great mother! It IS hard to believe it has already been a year! She is beautiful!
Happy Birthday Norah!
Scout is very excited to see her this afternoon! Happy birthday!
Hannah! I didn't know Norah's birthday is March 10th We just had baby girl number three on (2010) March 10--how great is that?!
Get better soon!
--Kristen Ridge
Hey! I hope you check this or the playgroup blog but I moved playgroup to 11 today. I hope that still works for you!
Norah is such an angel! I can't believe she's already one. I am so sorry you've been so ill. I hope you're better.
Yay I found your blog! BEAUTIFUL one year old!
What a cute blog (found it from playgroup!) She is such a sweet girl .You amaze me with all you do. What a great madre yo uare =)
Post a Comment