Laurel and Maisy are learning about sharing lately and are doing pretty well most days. I'm proud of them really.
I think "Sharing" has been the theme of our lives these last six weeks. We are blessed to know so many who are so good at it! Here are a just few examples:
In the first box is Camille and Callie. Two of THE most thoughtful, Christ-like people I know. They spent a whole afternoon making freezer meals for us. One Friday afternoon, Camille called and said she had something to drop off. I didn't think much of it as we are always borrowing or lending things (that's just what sisters do). She said they couldn't stay long so when I saw Callie's van drive up I ran out to greet them. Camille hopped out, carrying a laundry basket FULL of food. They had made 14 meals for us! Callie is very pregnant and has four kids (twin girls just like us...we get lots of extremely cute hand-me-downs from them!) and Camille is very busy with "Beal's School" and the cutest little boy on the planet...Nigel, but somehow they found time to think of us!
In the next box is Valerie Eckles. I call her "My Little French Friend". She is a gem with the most beautiful accent. Instead of saying "call if you need anything" she calls me and says "this is what I can do for you today". It is so comforting and just what I need since I'm too prideful and private to ever really call someone and ask for help. I can't even begin to list all of the ways she has blessed our lives.
The next picture is Sarah. She just called out of the blue the other day and said she had pizza and dessert for us. She is a good friend and sister and I miss her (they are doing an internship with Dad in Reno for the summer).
There are so many others from our ward and family who have brought food and gifts or have just shared an encouraging word. We have felt so supported and loved and motivated to be better at sharing and giving. I think if Laurel and Maisy (and Norah) can keep this kind of company throughout their lives they will be pretty good at sharing too!
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
Sharing Time
Posted by Hannah Stevenson at 10:50 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
hannah,
You need to add a picture of you in there. You are truly a Christlike person who makes everyone around her happy. I'm glad we've reconnected. Have fun in Reno and hope to see you soon.
Wow! I haven't looked at the blog for a while- your family just gets more beautiful all the time, don't they? Those Easter pics are to die for! Miss my Uncle Jerry and Aunt Shirley so much. And you're right- 3 is way different than 2. Friends make everything easier.
Post a Comment